Jerry Battista, MWG Member
Big band guitarist making huge strides with comping, soloing, and jam session confidence.
- 55 years playing guitar, 15 years in a jazz big band.
- Needed to improve my improvisational skills.
- Struggled to comp melodically without a pianist to help.
- Over-analyzing and overthinking when soloing. (Performance anxiety)
- Relaxed and spontaneous comping with better voice leading.
- Soloing is much more fluid.
- Uninhibited by fear of “breaking rules or “making embarrassing mistakes.”
- Confidence at jam sessions is greatly improved.
“MWG offers a rich on-line learning resource and organized curriculum for jazz guitarists at all levels and all ages. Matt’s courses, camps, workshops, office hours, and daily exercises are extremely helpful. His depth of knowledge on jazz harmony and the guitarist’s unique role is exceptional. He teaches material in a relaxed, friendly, and humble manner. He openly exchanges “tricks of the trade” and promptly responds to student questions, sometimes within minutes!” - Jerry Battista - Canada
Advanced Jazz Guitar Techniques:
Deepen your jazz guitar skills with advanced techniques and concepts.
1. 10 Jazz Standards
Explore a collection of 10 classic jazz standards to expand your repertoire.
2. Comping Skills
Enhance your comping skills with techniques that make your accompaniment stand out.
3. Soloing Vocabulary
Build a rich soloing vocabulary to create captivating jazz guitar solos.
4. Improvisation over Standards
Master the art of improvisation over jazz standards for dynamic performances.
5. Common Jazz Progressions
Learn common jazz progressions that form the foundation of jazz compositions.
6. Jazz Ear Training
Sharpen your ear with specialized jazz ear training exercises.
7. Interactive Jam Sessions
Participate in interactive jazz jam sessions to improve your musical communication.
8. 2 Full Sets of Jazz Standards
Enjoy two live sets worth of jazz standards to practice and take out on the gig.
Click to Start
- Save 50% off the regular price
- 305 Jazz Guitar lessons to guide you
- 27 hours of workshops for visual learning
- Backing tracks & audio examples for practice
- Essential skills - soloing, chords, & rhythms
- Jazz scales, arpeggios, & extended chords
- Direct guidance for faster learning
- Lifetime access to all materials
- No membership fees - pay once and own forever
- Zero risk with our 30-day money-back guarantee
$44.99/month for 2 MonthsClick to Start
- Save 50% off the regular price
- Unlock 305 PDF and video lessons
- Master skills - soloing, chords, & groove
- Learn essentials: scales, arpeggios, & more
- Personal guidance for focused learning
- Audio examples & backing tracks for practice
- Enjoy lifetime access to all resources
- No ongoing fees after 2 payments
- Full customer support whenever you need
- Feel secure with our 30-day money-back guarantee
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Any contracts or commitments?
None. You sign up for the course, pay once (or use the 2-monthly payments option), and get instant lifetime access.
2. Is the cost worth it for the course experience?
Absolutely! One or two payments provides you with lifetime access to all course material whenever you like. This investment in your musical education offers excellent value and allows you to revisit the material at your convenience.
3. How much time do I need to commit to the course?
The online course offers flexibility in terms of time commitment. Access on any device, at any time, so you can learn at your pace and on your schedule. Hit "Click and Continue" when you finish any chapter to pick up where you left off at any time.
4. Is the course suitable for my skill level?
Yes! This course caters to a range of skill levels, from experience beginners to early advanced players. The curriculum is designed to provide valuable insights and techniques for everyone, ensuring a fulfilling and beneficial experience.
5. What kind of ongoing support can I expect?
In addition to lifetime access to the course material, you also receive follow-up support, such as technical and musical questions and practice tips. As your instructor, I'm committed to supporting your ongoing growth and development as a guitarist.
7. Will the course content be applicable to my playing and musical goals?
Definitely! The course covers a wide range of topics and techniques, designed to enhance your skills and help you achieve your fretboard goals.
8. Are the lessons downloadable?
All PDF, audio examples, and backing tracks are downloadable. Videos are streamed online.
9. What's available to me when I sign up?
Everything. As soon as you sign up, you get full access to every lesson, video, PDF, and backing track.
10. Can I ask you questions directly?
For sure. You can contact me through the comments, instant messenge, email, or carrier pigeon for a super fast response 7 days a week.
11. What if I fall behind?
You can’t fall behind. Every lesson is built so that you work at your own pace and on your schedule. You can even keep track of completed lessons to pick up where you left off after any time away.
12. What if I buy the course and it's not for me?
Not a problem. Let me know within 30 days for a full refund no questions asked.
Meet Your Guide: Matt Warnock
Welcome to your jazz guitar journey. I'm Matt Warnock, your guide and fellow student of this beautiful art.
Just like you, I wasn't born a jazz guitar master. I spent years honing my skills and overcoming the challenges that came my way.
My goal? To make learning jazz guitar an enjoyable, accessible experience - because I truly believe that anyone can embrace the magic of jazz guitar.
From playing in various parts of the world to creating a platform that simplifies learning, I've focused on helping students like you discover the joy of jazz guitar, regardless of your background or goals.
Whether you're a beginner, returning to the guitar, or an experienced player looking to expand your skills, you're in the right place.
Welcome to a community that values patience, accessibility, and the shared passion for jazz guitar. There's a unique rhythm waiting for you here at Matt Warnock Guitar.