What You Learn at Summer Camp 2021
June 19th FREE Preview - Chord Melody, Soloing, & Solo Guitar
Learn the full potential of the guitar fretbaord with:
- Chord soloing essentials.
- Easy chord melody concepts.
- Intro to solo guitar arranging.
- Chord melody variations.
- Picking, fingerpicking, & hybrid.
View the FREE preview lesson & workshop here.
July 12th Workshop - Chord Melody 1
Learn chord melody essentials as you explore:
- Chord melody in a band.
- Solo guitar chord melody.
- A fully arranged chord melody.
- Arranging your own chord melody.
- Chord melody improvisation.
July 13th Workshop - Chord Melody 2
Expand your chord melody skills with essentials concepts, including:
- Picking varriations.
- Chord and single-note fills.
- Improvising in real time.
- Partial chord shapes.
- Chord melody rhythms.
July 14th Workshop - Chord Melody Review
Bring together a full arrangement of the Water is Wide with:
- Chord melody.
- Improv section.
- Ensebmle & solo guitar.
July 15th Workshop - Chord Soloing 1
Chord soloing made easy with creative & essential devices, such as:
- Harmonizing melody lines.
- Piano style chord soloing.
- Joe Pass chromatic chords.
- Johnny Smith double stops.
- Wes Montgomery rhythms.
July 16th Workshop - Chord Soloing 2
Expand your chord soloing palette as you dig into creative workouts, such as:
- Repetiting ideas.
- Phrasing for chord melody.
- Developing motives.
- Rhythmic varriation.
- Call & response phrasing.
July 17th Workshop - Chord Soloing Review
Perform a full chord solo over the Water is Wide by using:
- Easy to play chord shapes.
- Picking varriations for all levels.
- Chromatic chords.
- Easy chord substitutions.
- Diatonic chord colors.
July 18th Workshop - Full Performance
Play a full solo guitar or ensemble performance of the Water is Wide with:
- Complete chord melody
- Chord soloing sections.
- Ensemble or solo guitar.
- Intro and Outro
- Arranged + Improvisation
1. Sign Up Here
Secure checkout makes it easy to sign up and start playing now.
- Safe encrypted checkout.
- 30-Day money back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support.
2. Lifetime Access
Get lifetime access to all camp material.
- 7 live workshops & replays.
- 10 PDFs with diagrams, TAB & notation.
- Mp3 audio examples and backing tracks.
3. Learn at Your Pace
MWG Summer Camp fits into your schedule and lets you learn at your perfect pace.
- Unlimited workshop replays.
- Downloads to learn online & offline.
- Learn during camp & for months/years beyond.
Chord Meloody & Solo Guitar Schedule
|June 19th||Free Preview Workshop
Chord Melody & Solo Guitar
|View the FREE preview lesson & workshop here.|
|July 12th||Chord Melody 1
|Learn a chord melody, & build your own, for bars 1-8 of the Water is Wide.|
|July 13th||Chord Melody 2
|Learn a chord melody, & build your own, for bars 9-16 of the Water is Wide.|
|July 14th||Chord Melody Review
|Learn a chord melody, & build your own, for all of the Water is Wide.|
|July 15th||Chord Soloing 1
|Learn a chord solo, & build your own, for bars 1-8 of the Water is Wide.|
|July 16th||Chord Soloing 2
|Learn a chord solo, & build your own, for bars 9-16 of the Water is Wide.|
|July 17th||Chord Soloing 3
|Learn a chord solo, & build your own, for all of the Water is Wide.|
|July 18th||Full Performance
|Play a full version of the Water is Wide, solo guitar & ensemble.|
What You Learn With Summer Camp 2021
Break down any lick to pull out essential building blocks & concepts.
- Quick & easy chord melodies.
- Chord melodies in any key.
- Chord melodies on the spot.
- Much more…
Everything you need to improvise chord solos using concepts from legendary jazz artists.
- Turn chords into phrases.
- Chord solo...over every song.
- Unleash your creativity.
- Much more…
Expand your skill set with essential solo jazz guitar concepts & devices.
- Bass lines + chords.
- Chromatic chord devices.
- Essential solo guitar concepts.
- Much more…
What Camp Students Are Sayin'
Chord Melody & Solo Guitar
Learning chord melody & solo guitar can seem like big mountains to climb, and sometimes like an impossible task.
While these skills are a challenge, they're definitely not impossible to learn & I believe that everyone can play chord melody & solo guitar with the right guidance.
Alongside expert instruction, learning from those that went before you is the best way to reach your CM and SG goals.
Studying chords, concepts, and devices from legendary players gives you the material, confidence, and vocabulary you need to enjoy CM & SG, every day.
This is why I created Summer Camp 2021. To show you how to learn chord melody & solo guitar, grow as a guitarist, and make climbing that mountain easier and definitely much more enjoyable.
This Camp is for you if...
Tired of Struggling
...you’ve checked out chord melody but are struggline and don't know what to do.
- Can't get started with chord melody.
- Solo guitar seems impossible.
- Need a major confidence boost.
Chord Melody Vets
...you’re a chord melody vet looking to keep your skills sharp and have fun in the practice room.
- Keep your CM skills sharp.
- Improvise solo guitar tunes.
- Explore CM concepts from the greats.
New to Chord Melody
...you’ve never tried chord melody before, but you just need a push to get going.
- Authentic chord melody concepts.
- Play solo guitar with confidence.
- Express your creativity.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the camp start and finish?
Once you sign up, you have lifetime access to the camp material. Play at your own pace, there’s no deadline to finish. Live workshop dates are July 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, & 19, 2021.
Is the camp like a zoom call where I have to show up at a specific time/day to attend the classes?
No, it's not like a zoom call. You can attend the workshops live, all good. If you can't make it you have lifetime access to the replays so you can watch them any time, and as many times as you like.
Are students "live" with Matt, I'm worried my English won't be good enough to participate."
You are live with Matt, but in a chat room style, so you aren't on a video call with the group. You watch Matt teach live and interact with him and other campers by chat. You can write in any language, right now workshops have English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish speakers all mixed together. It's a multi-lingual, multi-cultural camp!"
How long do I have access to the camp material?
You have 24/7/365 lifetime access to the course.
What if I decide the camp isn’t for me?
I’m happy to give you a refund within the first 30 days after your purchase date, no questions asked.
What skills will this camp teach me?
Summer Camp 2021 gives you the tools you need to play and arrange chord melodies & solo guitar versions of jazz standards. Everything you need to play chord melody & solo guitar with confidence and expand your jazz skill set is in this camp.
What type of guitar do I need for this camp?
You can use a nylon string, electric, or acoustic guitar for this course. Any guitar is cool, so go with what’s comfortable for you.
What do I do if I need help?
Contact Matt on the Help Page to receive expert support 7 days a week.
Free Camp Replay
Take a peek into a live workshop. Watch a previous Summer Camp Replay!
The MWG Experience
Benefit from Matt's lifetime of studying, performing, and teaching players of all experience levels.
- Doctorate in Jazz Performance
- 25+ Years Teaching Guitar
- 2000+ Live Performances
- 8000+ Private Lessons Taught
- 2500+ Online Lessons Published
Discover a welcoming and encouraging community of guitarists just like yourself.
- Welcoming Group of Guitarists
- Friendly, Global Community
- Encouragement From Your Peers
- Learn From Fellow Players
- Make Guitar Friends For Life
Reach your maximum potential on your own schedule with expert, personalized guidance.
- Personal Learning Pathways
- Tailored Ways to Learn
- Options for Every Learning Style
- Learn by Jamming with Matt
- Unique Performance Guidance