Jerry Battista, MWG Member
Big band guitarist making huge strides with comping, soloing, and jam session confidence.
- 55 years playing guitar, 15 years in a jazz big band.
- Needed to improve my improvisational skills.
- Struggled to comp melodically without a pianist to help.
- Over-analyzing and overthinking when soloing. (Performance anxiety)
- Relaxed and spontaneous comping with better voice leading.
- Soloing is much more fluid.
- Uninhibited by fear of “breaking rules or “making embarrassing mistakes.”
- Confidence at jam sessions is greatly improved.
“MWG offers a rich on-line learning resource and organized curriculum for jazz guitarists at all levels and all ages. Matt’s courses, camps, workshops, office hours, and daily exercises are extremely helpful. His depth of knowledge on jazz harmony and the guitarist’s unique role is exceptional. He teaches material in a relaxed, friendly, and humble manner. He openly exchanges “tricks of the trade” and promptly responds to student questions, sometimes within minutes!” - Jerry Battista - Canada