“I’ve spent so much time learning scales and arpeggios, then when I solo, I hate my playing. What a total waste of time!”
The biggest challenge you face when studying bebop guitar (that keeps you in a practice rut and not seeing results) is:
Soloing with scales and arpeggios only to sound “correct” and boring. You’re missing that “special sauce” that makes bebop sound like bebop.
Learning bebop guitar can be a challenging experience, especially if you don’t have an organized, proven method of study to guide you.
Have you had any of these common bebop guitar learning experiences?
- You know what real bebop solos sound like, but you have no clue how to create those sounds on your guitar.
- You’ve tried learning authentic bebop guitar, but the exercises are so freaking boring you hate playing, so you see zero results in your playing.
- You waste so much precious practice time searching for effective bebop lessons that you don’t have time to play your guitar.
Over the past 25 years, I've played over 2,500 gigs, taught over 8,000 private lessons, and given workshops all over the world to guitarists of all levels.
I’ve found that most online lessons and teachers overcomplicate bebop guitar, making it difficult to learn with boring exercises that produce exactly zero results.
This is 100% not the case with the Minor Bebop Scale Starter Kit.
In this course, I walk you step-by-step through my proven learning method guaranteed to teach you authentic bebop guitar skills and concepts.
With the Minor Bebop Starter Kit, you benefit from my over 25 years of jazz guitar experience, so you know exactly what to practice for immediate results.
3 Ways the Minor Bebop Starter Kit Improves Your Playing:
1. Remove the Mystery Behind Bebop - It’s easy to hear a masterful player and think, “Wow, that sounds impossible for me to play, bummer.” This doesn’t have to be the case. This course pulls back the curtains and demystifies bebop with fun and engaging exercises.
2. Learn How to Turn Any Bebop Scale Into a Cool Line- When you learn scales your solos sound like scales. Makes sense. But, that’s not the goal. This course teaches you how to turn scales into killer lines now.
3. Sound Like a True Jazz Guitarist Today - One of the most frustrating parts about learning to play jazz is that you learn all the “correct” material yet never sound like jazz. This course cuts through all the B.S. and gets you sounding like a real jazzer today. .
"Matt's online lessons are a great resource for any jazz guitarist …
"from beginner to pro. Matt is simply a great teacher and player."
- Dave Stryker (Jazz Guitar Master)
Here's a Sneak Peek
Learn how to use this course, why you should learn this material, and how to get the most out of your practice time with these lessons.
Build your rock-solid minor bebop foundation with this first fingering, complete with technical and creative exercises that skyrocket your solos today.
Expand your minor bebop fingerings to a second position as you learn a fingering, arpeggio shape, and vocabulary in this chapter.
Bring the minor bebop scale fingerings together as you now cover the fretboard with this must-know scale.
Build your technique as you solidify your minor bebop skills with this fun and engaging technical challenge.
Test your minor bebop scale skills with this fun and educational creative challenge. Learn and have fun?! Yep, totally possible!
I show you how to best review this material and how to take this material forward in your playing. The next best step in your guitar development is in this chapter.
How to Get the Most from the Minor Bebop Starter Kit:
1. Follow the curriculum order - Start with the introduction, learn how the course works, then jump in and practice the chapters in order. All lessons are presented in sequential order to make practicing fun and easy.
2. Practice at your own pace - As you finish any section, click “complete and continue” to mark your progress. Then, play at your own pace. You have lifetime access to this course, so there’s no rush at all. Take your time and work at the best pace to fit your schedule.
3. Coaching from Matt - As you work through this course, post questions in the comment boxes below any exercise or in the chat bubble in the bottom right of any screen if you get stuck. I’m happy to answer your questions and give constructive, positive feedback. You can also post an unlisted YouTube video in the comments for feedback on your playing.
How YOU Benefit from Matt’s Teaching Method
This is how Matt's proven teaching method makes you the best guitarist you can be.
Who is this Course For?
This course is designed for guitarists looking to increase your bebop guitar skills by learning the exact concepts legendary bebop players use in their solos.
It's for guitarists who:
- Love bebop guitarists but have no clue how to create bebop solos.
- Are ready to improve their bebop guitar skills now.
- Already play bebop songs but don’t sound “authentic.”
- Hate boring exercises that don’t go anywhere.
- Want to make soloing much easier than it seems.
- Want to have fun in the practice room every day.
I've been studying, teaching, and performing bebop guitar for 25 years and I still find new ways to play this exciting music.
I want to share with you everything I've learned about how to play authentic bebop solos so you can reach your musical goals quickly
Who is this Course NOT For?
As your Creative Penatonics guide, my job is to keep this course positive, encouraging, and welcoming for EVERY guitarist who joins. That’s why this course isn’t for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Guitar God quick” fix. There’s no such thing as an overnight guitarist. This program is about building a long-term relationship with the guitar that leads with enjoyment and real growth – not hype or impossible promises.
- You’re not a team player. This isn’t American Idol for guitar, it’s not a competition. The MWG Community is a safe environment for new and experienced guitarists to support and learn from each other. This is for team players who encourage growth in their fellow guitarists – not trolls who heckle their peers.
- You’re a negative Nelly. If you like to complain, tear down, or argue with other guitarists just for the sake of it, this program isn’t for you. We’re about encouragement, welcoming new players, and positive, constructive feedback. No negative energy or comments allowed in this program.
As seen on...
What You Get - Breakdown with Price
The Total Value of This Course and Bonuses Is
If you have the desire to learn bebop guitar, then you can reach your musical goals with the Minor Bebop Starter Kit.
And, I don’t want you to have to spend a fortune to find lead guitar happiness in you practicing.
I’ve made the Minor Bebop Starter Kit affordable for anyone who wants to ditch the struggle of learning bebop on their own.
You won’t pay $720, $350, $150 or even $50 like some other overpriced courses you see online…
You’re about to gain immediate access to a proven bebop learning method that levels up your playing today.
This course is only available to GMM Members
That’s less than you’d pay for 10 minutes of a private lesson.
Instead, you get a full multimedia minor bebop scale course that levels up your playing and helps you quickly reach your guitar goals.
In return for this massive discount, I’d really appreciate your honest and constructive feedback so I can keep making my courses more successful for you and everyone in the MWG community.
Other than that, all I ask for is your full commitment and positive attitude so you can get the most out of this minor bebop course and reach your guitar goals.
How The Minor Bebop Starter Kit Transforms Your Playing
1. Create Sophisticated Solos with Essential Bebop Vocabulary -
Learn the exact twists and turns bebop guitarists add to the minor bebop scale that transform your solos from plain lines to authentic bebop blowing.
2. Develop Creative Soloing Chops - Never sound like an exercise in your solos as you learn essential bebop language alongside scales in this course.
3. Play Bebop with Confidence - Stop second guessing yourself and being bummed about your solos and start loving your playing as you build bebop skills and confidence with these workouts.
What You Get with the Minor Bebop Starter Kit – Quick List
This course is only available to GMM Members
Still Feeling Undecided?
When does this course start and finish?
This course starts now and never ends! It’s a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact Matt by email [email protected] in the first 30 days of your purchase and you will receive a full refund.
Can I download the files for each course?
You can download all PDFs, audio examples, and backing tracks to practice offline. The videos are only viewed on the page.
What if I have a question about the courses or about music?
You can post all questions related to the course in the comments section of any section. I aim to answer all questions within 24 hours of posting. Also, you can use the instant messenger on the bottom right of page to ask questions or you can email me at [email protected].
What if I don’t know where to go next after finishing this course
No worries, use our success paths and follow the step-by-step guides to learning what you want to work on – getting started, jazz guitar, blues guitar, guitar technique, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and much more!
This course is only available to GMM Members