Fully engaging multimedia lessons provide endless learning & enjoyment.
Download and jam to all the audio examples and backings tracks for each course.
Courses are filmed to give you the best experience in the practice room.
Have a question or need help? Matt will provide feedback to you 7 days a week.
Matt’s proven practice strategies are guaranteed to increase the level of your playing.
“I’ve spent tons of time learning how to play scales, arpeggios, chords, and more, only to find out that my picking is sloppy, and I hate the way I sound. It sucks!”
The biggest problem you face when learning picking (that keeps you stuck in a rut and not seeing results) is:
Having a subpar picking technique, making everything difficult to play, leading to frustration and sloppy performances.
Sound familiar? Learning how to pick properly can be a challenging experience, especially if you don’t have an organized, proven method of study to guide you.
Have you had any of these common picking experiences?
- You work so hard to get down a new riff, scale, or song, etc. only to have your sloppy picking technique ruin all that hard work as you flub notes every time.
- You’re tired of playing with poor picking technique but you feel you need hours a day to fix your chops. Who has that kind of time?
- You find your picking hand tiring out much too quickly, preventing you from enjoying your time playing guitar.
Over the past 25 years, I've played over 2,500 gigs, taught over 8,000 private lessons, and given workshops all over the world to guitarists of all levels.
I’ve found that many online guitar courses and teachers overcomplicate picking, making it difficult to learn with boring exercises that produce zero results.
This is 100% not the case with Pick Like a Pro.
In this course, I walk you step-by-step through my proven learning method guaranteed to teach you authentic picking techniques.
With Pick Like a Pro, you benefit from my over 20 years of guitar teaching experience, so you know exactly what to practice for immediate results.
3 Ways This Course Expands Your Playing:
1. Learn Proper Picking Without a Huge Time Commitment - Developing rock-solid picking can be achieved in as little as 10 minutes per practice session. Master picking without sacrificing your practice or free time.
2. Pick Perfectly Without Thinking - Learn how to pick with perfect technique without thinking. Each exercise develops your ability to pick without thinking, allowing you to focus on dynamics, accents, slurs, emotion, etc. in your playing instead.
3. Pick with Maximum Efficiency - In this course, I show you how to pick with the absolute smallest amount of movement in your hand. This allows you to pick clearly, accurately, and on any string without burning out your picking hand
"I only wish I had started studying with Matt’s classes earlier…"
"I’m in my second year studying Matt’s classes, and during this time he’s really helped me grow as a guitarist. He gives me different challenges, tips that are amazingly useful, and he knows how to encourage me and keep me hungry to learn more. I only wish I had started studying with Matt’s classes earlier, I wouldn’t have wasted so much time lost in the practice room."
Learn how to use this course, why you should learn this material, and how to get the most out of your practice time with these lessons.
Starting off on the right foot you nail your down picking technique in this chapter as you explore essential exercises and workouts for your picking hand.
Covering all bases, you now dig into up picking as you focus on being accurate with up picks while developing speed and clarity in your picking.
Here, you combine up and down picking as you explore alternate picking with these fun and beneficial workouts.
Flip it around as you expand your picking chops with a second approach to alternate picking that works up then down picks.
Challenge your picking technique with a fun etude that tests and solidifies the picking chops you’ve developed so far in this course.
To finish your intro to solid picking technique you challenge your chops and creativity with this fun soloing workout.
I show you how to best review this material and how to take this material forward in your playing. The next best step in your guitar development is in this chapter.
How to Get the Most from this Course:
1. Follow the curriculum order - Start with the introduction, learn how the course works, then jump in and practice the chapters in order. All lessons are presented in sequential order to make practicing fun and easy.
2. Practice at your own pace - As you finish any section, click “complete and continue” to mark your progress. Then, play at your own pace. You have lifetime access to this course, so there’s no rush at all. Take your time and work at the best pace to fit your schedule.
3. Coaching from Matt - As you work through this course, post questions in the comment boxes below any exercise or in the chat bubble in the bottom right of any screen if you get stuck. I’m happy to answer your questions and give constructive, positive feedback. You can also post an unlisted YouTube video in the comments for feedback on your playing.
How YOU Benefit from Matt’s Teaching Method
This is how Matt's proven teaching method makes you the best guitarist you can be.
Who is this Course For?
This course is designed for guitarists looking to increase your picking skills without having to spend hours a day in the practice room.
It's for guitarists who:
- Struggle with picking and picking technique.
- Have always just winged it when it comes to picking technique.
- Want to pick with as little effort as possible and maximum tone.
- Don’t have hours to waste learning picking in the practice room.
- Want to be able to play what you hear in your head with clarity.
- Are tired of not playing up to your full potential because of picking issues.
I've been studying and teaching picking for 25 years and have spent years on each picking technique during that time.
I want to share with you everything I've learned about how to play with perfect picking using my proven picking learning system.
Who is this Course NOT For?
As your Jazz Blues guide, my job is to keep this course positive, encouraging, and welcoming for EVERY guitarist who joins. That’s why this course isn’t for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Guitar God quick” fix. There’s no such thing as an overnight guitarist. This program is about building a long-term relationship with the guitar that leads with enjoyment and real growth – not hype or impossible promises.
- You’re not a team player. This isn’t American Idol for guitar, it’s not a competition. The MWG Community is a safe environment for new and experienced guitarists to support and learn from each other. This is for team players who encourage growth in their fellow guitarists – not trolls who heckle their peers.
- You’re a negative Nelly. If you like to complain, tear down, or argue with other guitarists just for the sake of it, this program isn’t for you. We’re about encouragement, welcoming new players, and positive, constructive feedback. No negative energy or comments allowed in this program.
As seen on...
What You Get – Breakdown with Price
The Total Value of This Course and Bonuses Is
If you have the desire to become a better picker, then you can reach your musical goals with Pick Like a Pro.
And, I don’t want you to have to spend a fortune to find picking happiness in your practicing.
I’ve made Pick Like a Pro affordable for anyone who wants to ditch the struggle of learning proper picking on their own.
You won’t pay $715, $315, $115 or even $50 like some other overpriced courses you see online…
This small investment in yourself is the same amount as you paying for 10 minutes of a private guitar lesson.
Instead, you get a full multimedia picking course that levels up your playing and helps you quickly reach your guitar goals.
In return for this massive discount, I’d really appreciate your honest and constructive feedback so I can keep making my courses more successful for you and everyone in the MWG community.
Other than that, all I ask for is your full commitment and positive attitude so you can get the most out of this picking course and reach your musical goals.
How This Course Transforms Your Playing
1. Never Miss a Note with Proper Picking -
There’s nothing more annoying than learning a tough line, riff, scale, arpeggio, etc., only to be let down by your picking hand. No more. Pick with confidence and total accuracy with these exercises.
2. Pick with as Little Effort as Needed - Stop wasting energy and effort by picking with poor technique. Fix your picking technique and learn to use as little energy needed to pick at any tempo.
3. Pick Every Note Clearly, Accurately, and with Full Tone - Learn the exact methods pros use to pick every note clearly, accurately, and with that full tone you want in your playing
What You Get with Pick Like a Pro - Quick List
Zero Risk 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
To make sure you have ZERO risk, you’re protected by a 30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you’re not happy with this course for any reason, simply send Matt an email ([email protected]) or instant message, and he’ll refund your money.
No questions asked. No hassle. No waiting.
We guarantee that if you play these exercises you will reach your musical goals and have fun in the practice room.
If not, we’ll make it right…right away!
This course is only available to GMM Members
Frequently Asked Questions
When does this course start and finish?
This course starts now and never ends! It’s a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact Matt by email [email protected] in the first 30 days of your purchase and you will receive a full refund.
Can I download the files for each course?
You can download all PDFs, audio examples, and backing tracks to practice offline. The videos are only viewed on the page.
What if I have a question about the courses or about music?
You can post all questions related to the course in the comments section of any section. I aim to answer all questions within 24 hours of posting. Also, you can use the instant messenger on the bottom right of page to ask questions or you can email me at [email protected].
What if I don’t know where to go next after finishing this course
No worries, use our success paths and follow the step-by-step guides to learning what you want to work on – getting started, jazz guitar, blues guitar, guitar technique, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and much more!
This course is only available to GMM Members