Fretboard Mastery - Notes on the Neck
Learn the Fretboard Like the Back Of Your Hand in Just 15 Minutes a Day.
“I know how to play chords and single notes, but when I look down at the fretboard it’s just a big blank. I have no idea how to find any note on my guitar!”
The biggest problem guitarists face when learning the fretboard (that keeps them stuck in a rut and not seeing results) is:
Not knowing how to find the root note to any chord or what notes make up any chords, scale, riff, or arpeggio you play.
Sound familiar? Learning guitar notes can be a frustrating experience, especially if you don’t have an organized, proven learning method to work from.
Have you had any of these common fretboard experiences?
- You play barre chords by muscle memory, but you have no idea what those chords are called.
- You can play scales but when you try to figure out the notes in those shapes you have no idea where to even begin.
- You look down at your fretboard and it looks like a blank canvas, you can’t name a single note, or a few at most, on the guitar.
Over the past 25 years, I've played over 2,500 gigs, taught over 8,000 private lessons, and given workshops all over the world to guitarists of all levels.
I’ve found that many online guitar courses and teachers overcomplicate learning the fretboard, creating frustration rather than enjoyment in the practice room.
This is 100% not the case with Notes on the Neck.
In this course, I walk you step-by-step through a proven method guaranteed to help you easily learn every note on the guitar with 1 easy to understand formula.
With Notes on the Neck, you benefit from my 25+ years of teaching and performing experience, so you know exactly what to practice for immediate results.
3 Ways This Course Expands Your Playing:
1. Know-How to Find Any Note Instantly - Using my simple formula, you can find every single note on the guitar and name any note on the guitar instantly.
2. Level Up Your Soloing Chops - Use creativity and improvisation to learn every note on guitar, making learning fun in the practice room.
3. Open Up Time for Other Material in Your Practicing - Spend only 15 minutes a day for a few days to learn every note on the guitar, freeing up time to learn scales, arpeggios, chords, solos, songs, etc. in your studies.
"I am a more confident and skilled guitarist…"
"Matt’s courses have given me many skills and tools to apply in my guitar playing. His superb lessons are fun, engaging and concepts are very well explained and demonstrated. I am a more confident and skilled guitarist because of Matt’s lessons!"
Each Chapter Has 1 Video, 6 Practice Schedules, and a Quiz
Get started on the right foot as you learn how this course works and how to get the most out of this material in your practice routine.
The first step in this formula teaches you how to quickly memorize the notes on the 6th and 1st strings.
Use a proven formula to quickly learn all the notes on the 4th string compared to the notes on the 6th string.
Use a proven formula to quickly learn all the notes on the 2nd string compared to the notes on the 4th string.
Use a proven formula to quickly learn all the notes on the 3rd string compared to the notes on the 1st string.
Use a proven formula to quickly learn all the notes on the 5th string compared to the notes on the 3rd string.
Here, I show you the best way to go back and review this course material or how to go forward in your playing depending on your comfort level. The best next step in your guitar journey is in this video.
How to Get the Most from this Course:
1. Follow the curriculum order - Start with the introduction, learn how the course works, then jump in and practice the chapters in order. All lessons are presented in sequential order to make practicing fun and easy.
2. Practice at your own pace - As you finish any section, click “complete and continue” to mark your progress. Then, play at your own pace. You have lifetime access to this course, so there’s no rush at all. Take your time and work at the best pace to fit your schedule.
3. Coaching from Matt - As you work through this course, post questions in the comment boxes below any exercise or in the chat bubble in the bottom right of any screen if you get stuck. I’m happy to answer your questions and give constructive, positive feedback. You can also post an unlisted YouTube video in the comments for feedback on your playing.
Learning Notes as Easy as 1,2,3
How Matt's Proven Teaching Method Makes YOU a Better Player
Who is this Course For?
This course is designed for guitarists looking to memorize every note on the fretboard in only a few minutes per day of practice.
It's for guitarists who:
- Are tired of seeing "blank spots" on the fretboard.
- Have tried to learn the notes on the neck but it didn't stick
- Are ready to learn the fretboard in a meaningful way.
- Don't want to spend hours learning the fretboard.
- Want to look at the fretboard and see every note light up on the neck.
I've taught thousands of students over the years and every one of them has been able to learn their fretboards with the formula presented in this course.
I want to share with you everything I've learned about how to memorize every note on the neck and build fretboard confidence.
Who is this Course NOT For?
As your fretboard guide, my job is to keep this course positive, encouraging, and welcoming for EVERY guitarist who joins. That’s why this course isn’t for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Guitar God quick” fix. There’s no such thing as an overnight guitarist. This program is about building a long-term relationship with the guitar that leads with enjoyment and real growth – not hype or impossible promises.
- You’re not a team player. This isn’t American Idol for guitar, it’s not a competition. The MWG Community is a safe environment for new and experienced guitarists to support and learn from each other. This is for team players who encourage growth in their fellow guitarists – not trolls who heckle their peers.
- You’re a negative Nelly. If you like to complain, tear down, or argue with other guitarists just for the sake of it, this program isn’t for you. We’re about encouragement, welcoming new players, and positive, constructive feedback. No negative energy or comments allowed in this program.
As seen on...
What You Get
FREE MEGA BONUS
Mega Bonus – Fretboard Mastery eBooks $20 Yours Free!
When you purchase the Notes on the Neck, you not only get the full multimedia course, you also get my best-selling Fretboard Mastery eBook.
In this eBook you learn:
- Every note on the fretboard when soloing.
- How visualization makes learning the fretboard easy.
- How to train your ears to hear notes.
- Where every interval is on the fretboard.
- And more!
Don’t wait, grab this course before it’s too late and take advantage of this awesome bonus offer.
The Total Value of This Course and Bonuses Is Over $740
If you have the desire to learn notes on guitar, then you will reach your guitar goals with my Notes on the Neck course.
And, I don’t want you to spend a fortune to find fretboard happiness.
I’ve made Notes on the Neck affordable for anyone who wants to ditch the frustration of learning open chords on their own.
You won’t pay $515, $315, $215 or even $45 like some other overpriced courses you see online…
You’re about to gain immediate access to a proven fretboard learning method that levels up your playing today.
And, all you pay for this premium step-by-step course and coaching is $0!
That’s right, this course is 100% FREE for you today.
In return for this massive discount, I’d really appreciate your honest and constructive feedback so I can keep making every course more successful for you and everyone in the MWG community.
Other than that, all I ask for is your full commitment and positive attitude so you can get the most out of this open chord course and reach your guitar goals.
How This Course Transforms Your Playing
1. Learn Every Note on the Fretboard Now -
Stop wasting time with boring exercises, start loving every minute you practice guitar notes with these fun exercises that teach you every guitar note quickly.
2. Internalize Each Notes, Don’t Just Memorize Them - Always know how to instantly find any note on guitar, not because you memorized those notes, but because you’ve internalized them.
3. Always Know The Exact Notes You’re Playing - Stop guessing and start knowing what notes you’re playing with any scale, arpeggio, chord, riff, lick, solo, and song you learn.
What You Get
Whew, that was a lot to take in! Here’s a quick recap of what you get when you enroll in Notes on the Neck.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
Can I download the files for each course?
You can download all PDFs, audio examples, and backing tracks to practice offline. The videos are only viewed on the page.
What if I have a question about the courses or about music?
You can post all questions related to the course in the comments section of any section. I aim to answer all questions within 24 hours of posting. Also, you can use the instant messenger on the bottom right of page to ask questions or you can email me at [email protected].
Do I have to play jazz to use these courses?
No, not at all. Some of the material is presented over jazz chords and songs and you can apply this material to any genre. If you enjoy soloing in different styles, such as blues, rock, funk, fusion, soul, metal, etc., then this material can be used in your playing.
What if I don’t know where to start with my playing or which course to start with?
No worries, use our success paths and follow the step-by-step guides to learning what you want to work on – getting started, jazz guitar, blues guitar, guitar technique, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and much more!
What if I want access to multiple courses or MWG eBooks?
This is why we have the Guitar Mastery Membership which includes ALL previous and future courses as well as every single eBook Matt has ever produced.