“I love listening to jazz guitarists, but when I solo it’s nothing like my favorite players. I sound like exercises and they sound like music. It’s so frustrating!”
The biggest problem players face when learning bebop guitar (that keeps them in a rut and not experiening results) is:
Your jazz guitar solos sound like exercises because you can play “correctly” but don’t know how to build cool-sounding bebop lines like your favorite players.
Sound familiar? Learning bebop scale can be a frustrating experience, especially if you don’t have an organized, proven learning method to guide you.
Have you had any of these common bebop guitar learning experiences?
- You learn the “correct” scales for every chord, but when it comes time to solo you sound like exercises, you can’t figure out how to create real lines.
- You’ve learned bebop lines on guitar, and used them in your solos, but don’t know what’s behind those lines or how great players build them.
- After wasting time searching for accurate bebop lessons online, you finally find one to work on, only to find that you’re more confused than ever and give up, putting your guitar back in the case in frustration.
Over the past 25 years, I've played over 2500 gigs, taught over 8000 private lessons, and given workshops all over the world to guitarists of all levels.
I’ve found that many online courses and teachers overcomplicate the bebop scale on guitar, making it tough to learn with frustrating exercises that lead you nowhere.
This is absolutely not the case with the Bebop Scale Pack.
In these courses, I walk you step-by-step through proven methods guaranteed to teach you essential bebop guitar techniques.
With the Bebop Scale Pack, you benefit from my 2 decades of teaching experience, so you know exactly what to practice for immediate results.
3 Ways This Pack Expands Your Playing:
1. Play Authentic Bebop Lines - Pull back the curtains and learn how legendary players create hip-sounding and authentic bebop lines and phrases. Stop guessing and start killin’ it on the bandstand with this soloing material today.
2. Blend Scales and Arpeggios in Your Solos - Not only do you dig deep into the bebop scale with these courses, you learn how to blend this scale with arpeggios in a traditional bebop fashion. Learn how Parker created his “arp upscale down” lines and much more with these workouts.
3. Apply the Bebop Scale Everywhere - Learn how to use the bebop scale to outline maj7, m7, and 7th chords in your solos, giving you everything you need to nail ii-V-I chords with bebop lines in your solos.
""As a female guitarist, Matt Warnock and his "Play Jazz Guitar" FB group has opened up a whole new world for me…
one of true inclusivity, encouragement and off-the-charts inspiration. Not only do I feel respected and motivated, but I've made more progress in one month than in years of other lessons. Matt offers an environment where you don't have to worry about negativity or ego, but can concentrate instead on musical growth and a mutual love of jazz!"
This scale is so popular it’s just called the Bebop Scale. Learn why this scale is so important and how it can transform your solos in this fun and engaging course.
Tackle tonic chords as you add essential maj7 bebop vocabulary to your lines and phrases over any jazz standard.
Master m7 bebop vocabulary as you learn how to apply the minor bebop scale to your solos, blend that scale with arpeggios, and add essential bebop vocabulary to every minor line.
Dig deep into an essential bebop form as you learn how to comp, solo, walk basslines, and more, over this must-know jazz standard.
Stop sounding like scales and arpeggios and start sounding like a true jazz guitarist with these essential exercises, outlines, and workouts.
These shortcuts get you right to the juicy sounding material as you dig into the absolute most important jazz soloing concepts on guitar. No more guessing, sound like an authentic jazz guitarist today.
Turn 1 chord into 2 or more with these essential jazz guitar subs. Learn how great players see chord A and play chords B and C to create authentic and hip-sounding jazz solos.
Learn how to comp and solo over this classic Wes Montgomery bebop style song. Get into the mind of a jazz guitar legend as you learn essential bebop skills and vocabulary.
How to Get the Most from these Courses:
1. Follow the curriculum order - Start with the introduction, learn how the course works, then jump in and practice the chapters in order. All lessons are presented in sequential order to make practicing fun and easy.
2. Practice at your own pace - As you finish any section, click “complete and continue” to mark your progress. Then, play at your own pace. You have lifetime access to this course, so there’s no rush at all. Take your time and work at the best pace to fit your schedule.
3. Coaching from Matt - As you work through this course, post questions in the comment boxes below any exercise or in the chat bubble in the bottom right of any screen if you get stuck. I’m happy to answer your questions and give constructive, positive feedback. You can also post an unlisted YouTube video in the comments for feedback on your playing.
Course Lesson Example on How YOU Benefit from Matt’s Teaching Method
This is how Matt's proven teaching method makes you the best guitarist you can be.
Who is this PackFor?
These courses are for guitarists looking to learn authentic bebop guitar with a proven system of study that makes learning jazz guitar fun in the practice room.
It's for guitarists who:
- Struggle to play authentic bebop lines and solos on guitar.
- Love listening to bebop but don’t know where to start on guitar.
- Want to learn a quick and easy method to play authentic bebop lines.
- Want to learn an essential jazz standard while leveling up your soloing and comping skills at the same time.
I’ve studied, played, and taught bebop guitar for almost 25 years, learning countless lessons along the way from transcriptions, gigs, and older players.
I want to share with you everything I’ve learned about how to play authentic bebop guitar while having hours of fun in the practice room.
Who is this Course NOT For?
As your bebop scale guide, my job is to keep this course positive, encouraging, and welcoming for EVERY guitarist who joins. That’s why this course isn’t for you if…
- You’re looking for a “Guitar God quick” fix. There’s no such thing as an overnight guitarist. This program is about building a long-term relationship with the guitar that leads with enjoyment and real growth – not hype or impossible promises.
- You’re not a team player. This isn’t American Idol for guitar, it’s not a competition. The MWG Community is a safe environment for new and experienced guitarists to support and learn from each other. This is for team players who encourage growth in their fellow guitarists – not trolls who heckle their peers.
- You’re a negative Nelly. If you like to complain, tear down, or argue with other guitarists just for the sake of it, this program isn’t for you. We’re about encouragement, welcoming new players, and positive, constructive feedback. No negative energy or comments allowed in this program.
As seen on...
What You Get With the Bebop Scale Essential Pack
FREE MEGA BONUS
Mega Bonus – 5 Jazz Guitar eBooks $80 Yours Free!
When you purchase the Bebop Scale Pack, you not only get 4 full multimedia courses, you also get 4 of my best-selling jazz guitar eBooks.
This bonus offer is only valid until Friday, May 15th, 2020 at midnight PST.
After that time, these eBooks won't come with any course purchase.
Don’t wait, grab this pack before it’s too late and take advantage of this awesome bonus offer.
The Total Value of This Course and Bonuses Is
If you have the desire to learn authentic bebop guitar skills, then you can reach your musical goals with my Bebop Scale Essentials Pack.
And, I don’t want you to have to spend a fortune to find bebop guitar happiness in you practice room.
I’ve made the Bebop Scale Pack affordable for anyone who wants to ditch the struggle of learning bebop vocabulary on their own.
You won’t pay $840, $320, $120 or even $50 like some other overpriced courses you see online…
You’re about to gain immediate access to a proven bebop guitar learning method that levels up your playing today.
This course is only available to GMM Members
That’s less than you’d pay for 20 minutes of a private lesson.
Instead of a few minutes in a lesson, you get access to four (4) full, organized, and fun bebop guitar courses, plus the 4 mega bonus eBooks.
In return for this massive discount, I’d really appreciate your honest and constructive feedback so I can keep making my courses more successful for you and everyone in the MWG community.
Other than that, all I ask for is your full commitment and positive attitude so you can get the most out of this Bebop Guitar Pack and reach your guitar goals.
How This Pack Transforms Your Playing
1. Play Hip Sounding Bebop Solos -
Learn how to play authentic and cool-sounding bebop solos, just like the solos you hear your favorite jazz guitarists play on records.
2. Develop Rock Solid Soloing Technique - Not only do you level up your bebop vocabulary, but this course also elevates your overall soloing technique so every solo, style, song, and more sounds confident and cool.
3. Learn Essential Bebop Songs - Add two essential bebop songs, Rhythm Changes and West Coast Blues, to your jazz vocabulary as you learn how to create bebop lines and play full songs with this material.
What You Get with the Bebop Scale Pack – Quick List
This course is only available to GMM Members
Still Feeling Undecided?
When does this course start and finish?
This course starts now and never ends! It’s a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact Matt by email [email protected] in the first 30 days of your purchase and you will receive a full refund.
Can I download the files for each course?
You can download all PDFs, audio examples, and backing tracks to practice offline. The videos are only viewed on the page.
What if I have a question about the courses or about music?
You can post all questions related to the course in the comments section of any section. I aim to answer all questions within 24 hours of posting. Also, you can use the instant messenger on the bottom right of page to ask questions or you can email me at [email protected].
What if I don’t know where to go next after finishing this course
No worries, use our success paths and follow the step-by-step guides to learning what you want to work on – getting started, jazz guitar, blues guitar, guitar technique, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and much more!
This course is only available to GMM Members