David Williams, MWG Member
Telecaster player who’s comping and soloing in that cool Ed Bickert style.
- My main problem was jazz, jazz, and jazz.
- Struggled with creative comping and soloing.
- Understanding, hearing, and following chord changes.
- Being comfortable with jazz as it seemed like a mystery to me.
- Comping melodically over jazz standards.
- Following chord changes without sheet music.
- Dynamics and phrasing are greatly improved.
- Able to transcribe melodies, chords, and solos by ear.
“My MWG experience has been amazing. I love the interaction between students in the studio, workshops and camps. It makes me feel comfortable learning guitar in an encouraging environment. The daily exercises motivate me to keep practicing (even though I don’t get to them all). I also appreciate Matt’s passion for the guitar, his expertise, and teaching philosophy. He's always encouraging me on my guitar journey! It's also fun to see other students grow as they practice and learn. Thank you, Matt, the MWG team, and fellow MWG members for making this a fantastic place to hang out and learn jazz guitar together!” – David Williams - Canada